We’re delighted to announce that Virgin Income Protection has won the Canstar Award for Outstanding Value Direct Income Protection Insurance 2017 for our Tailored cover option.
When comparing features, benefits and price against other products in the market, Virgin Income Protection customers benefit from a strong product offering, which is competitively priced.
Ken Bryan, Head of Insurance at Virgin Money says, “We’re thrilled to win the Canstar Award for Outstanding Value in Direct Income Protection for a second time. We believe Australians should be able to access Income Protection cover how they want, when they want. Virgin Income Protection’s Tailored option is available easily online or over the phone, and allows you to tailor your cover to suit your needs and your budget.”
Why Virgin Income Protection was a winner
Virgin Income Protection was awarded a 5-star rating in 49 of the 80 profiles considered by Canstar, with the offering included in Tailored cover including:
- Competitive pricing with very strong benefits relative to the market.
- An online application process, including the option to save and complete later.
- Phone-based support to assist with an application for insurance.
- Specified injury benefit (covering 15 specified injuries) and a specified illness benefit (for 3 specified illnesses) – if the person insured is injured or ill and can still work, they may still be eligible to receive a lump sum payment between 1 and 24 months of their monthly benefit.
- A range of waiting periods to choose from, as short as 14 days on offer.
- A selection of benefit periods, with the longest being a 5-year benefit period.