Your home is precious to you and so are its contents. By combining our straightforward, flexible and affordable home and contents insurance policy we can help protect both. Plus, earn 5,000 Velocity Points2. T&C’s apply.
- Garages and other domestic outbuildings
- Swimming pools and spas that are permanent fixtures, including in ground
- Furniture and household electrical appliances
- Fixtures and fittings connected to gas, electrical, plumbing and sewerage services
- Carpets, internal blinds and curtains
For full cover details, see our Product Disclosure Statement.
Why Virgin Home and Contents Insurance?
More benefits of Virgin Home and Contents Insurance
- Home building - Cost to repair or replace any damage to your home building
- Contents - Cost to repair or replace your damaged or lost contents (old or new)
- Temporary accommodation - Temporary accommodation for your family if your damaged building/and or contents make your home unliveable
- Legal liability - If you are legally liable for someone’s death or bodily harm or damage to someone else’s property caused by an accident at the insured address or anywhere in Australia
- Additional costs - Extra building costs such as demolition, associated building fees and storage of undamaged contents
- Locks - Replacement of locks if your keys are stolen, up to $500
Home and Contents Insurance
|Repair or replacement of your home building|
|Repair or replacement of your home contents.
Limits apply to certain items. See PDS
||Up to $20 million|
||Up to 10% of sum insured, up to 12 months|
|Debris removal and extra rebuilding costs
||Up to 10% of sum insured|
|Funeral expenses||Up to $7,000|
|Modifications to home||Up to $5,000|
|Mortgage discharge costs||Up to $750|
|Contents in the open air||Up to $1,000|
|Contents temporarily removed||Up to 20% of sum insured|
|Contents lost or damaged in transit||Up to 20% of sum insured|
|Loss or theft of credit cards||Up to $1,000|
|Replacement of locks||Up to $500|
|Unattached equipment||Up to $500|
|Visitors’ uninsured contents||Up to $500|
|Food spoilage||Up to $500|
This is a brief summary only. Conditions apply. Full details are contained in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
|Personal Effects Cover|
|Motor Burnout Cover|
|Accidental Damage Cover|
|Choice of Excess Options|
|Sum Insured Safeguard|
Our home and contents insurance will cover you for the following events:
- Theft or attempted theft
- Malicious damage, vandalism, riot or civil commotion
- Accidental breakage of glass, ceramic and sanitary fixtures
- Storm and rainwater
- Escape of liquid (e.g. pipes, drains, etc)
- Impact at home (e.g. fallen tree/branch)
Virgin Home and Contents Insurance standard
We no longer offer the Virgin Home and Contents Insurance standard product. If you currently hold this policy or have any questions regarding cover options, please call our friendly customer care team on 1800 724 678.
You can find the Product Disclosure Statements for this policy on the Important Documents page.