If you’re hankering to hit the slopes, don’t leave home without our Snow Pack. From peak to piste, we’ll be there by your side and see you home.
Our Snow Pack includes cover for emergency rescue*^, equipment* and resort/piste closure*. It’s available for purchase with our Comprehensive, Domestic and Multi-Trip Plans by paying an additional premium when you purchase your policy.
^You do not have cover under this section while travelling in Australia.
|Own Snow Sport Equipment||$2,0008|
|Snow Sport Equipment Hire||$2,000|
|Snow Sport Pack||$1,000|
(up to $100 per day)
|Bad Weather & Avalanche Closure||$1,000|
|Funeral expenses incurred overseas or the cost of bringing your remains
back to your home (per person)
An excess of $500 in addition to any standard excess, applies for all claims under the Overseas Emergency Medical and Hospital Expenses section and the Cancellation section if you purchase this option and your claim arises directly or indirectly from your participation in snow sport activities. You cannot pay to remove this excess.
6 You do not have cover under this section while travelling in Australia.
8 Sub-limits apply to particular types of losses or claims.
This is a summary only of the cover provided under the policy. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for full details.
Because you're off on a ski trip – not a cruise, you need to make sure you have specific cover. It makes sense, after all. Put simply, your travel insurance policy won’t cover you for claims relating to snow-sport activities unless you’ve bought a Snow Pack.
You also need to be aware that if you make a claim in relation to any of the following, it won’t be covered under the Snow Pack:
- Any off-piste or backcountry activities; bobsleighing; heli-skiing; ski acrobatics; ski or snowboard jumping; aerial skiing, and use of mechanised snowmobiles.
- Outside the dates December 15 – March 31 in Northern Hemisphere resorts, and outside of June 15 – September 30 in Southern Hemisphere resorts. (Please note that this exclusion doesn’t apply to resorts open outside these timeframes with sufficient snow for normal skiing activities.)
- Piste closure, bad-weather/avalanche closure in resorts without skiing facilities greater than 1,000 metres above sea level.
Please note that the Snow Pack doesn’t provide cover for permanent disability or personal liability claims that happen as result of your participation in snow-sport activities.
Other general exclusions also apply. You can find out all about them in our PDS.
Get a quick quote
Why Virgin Travel Insurance?
- 24x7 Emergency Assistance*
- Great Choice of Additional Options*
- Cover Plans for all Travellers*
*Exclusions, conditions and limitations apply. Please refer to Product Disclosure Statement for full details.