What you'll find on this page:
Report your card lost or stolen
If your credit card is lost or stolen, please call us immediately on 13 37 39. If you're overseas, please call us reverse charges via the operator in the country you’re travelling in (international operator number) then request +61 2 8288 2222, so that this call is at no cost to you. We're here 24/7, and we'll block your lost or stolen card straight away, and then send you a new card which should arrive within 5 working days.
When you call, as well as blocking your card, we'll ask you about your recent spending, so we can fully investigate any unrecognised transactions that have been made with your card.
For more information about liability for card transactions see your account Terms & Conditions.
Updating your personal details
It's really important to keep us up to date with your contact details, especially your email address as this is where we'll send your monthly card statement and also any other important information relating to your accounts.
The good news is it's easy to do. Log into Virgin Money Online then go to: Services > My Profile > My Contact Details, or just give our Customer Care Team a call on 13 37 39, they're available 24/7.
If you need to change your name, we need you to:
- Provide a signed written request - please specify your account number and the changes to your name. Request should bear both your old signature and new signature.
- Provide evidence of your name change – such as marriage certificate, divorce papers or deed poll, change of name certificate issued by the State’s Registry Office of Births, Deaths and Marriages, passport or driver’s license (please do not send the original – a certified true copy is adequate). Evidence must be stamped and signed by Justice of the Peace who is registered on the Justice of the Peace website.
- Post this detail to us at Virgin Money, Reply Paid, GPO Box 40, Sydney, NSW, 2000
As soon as we get them we’ll arrange to update your name on your Virgin Money Credit Card account and send you your replacement cards.
Add additional cardholders
With your Virgin Money Credit Card you can have up to 4 Additional Cardholders linked to your account. It’s a convenient way of making sure your family share the benefits of the Virgin Credit Card.
We give Additional Cardholders their own card. Any transactions made using these cards will be listed separately on your card statement, so you can easily keep track of who’s spending what. It’s important to know that Additional Cardholders must be aged over 16 and the primary cardholder is responsible for each additional cardholders’ transactions.
Annual fees for any additional cardholder are:
- For the No Annual Fee Card: no Annual Fee - ever.
- For the Low Rate Card: $29.
- For the Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer Card: $39.
- For the Virgin Australia Velocity High Flyer Card: $89.
To request additional cards on your account, you can either:
Upgrade or downgrade your card
How to upgrade your Credit Card?
Once you've had your current Virgin Money credit card for 6 months, you can apply for a Card upgrade by calling us on 13 37 39.
If you'd like to upgrade to a Virgin Australia Velocity High Flyer Card, we’ll need to make sure that we can offer you the minimum credit limit of $15,000 or if you'd like to upgrade to a Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer or Virgin Money Low Rate Card, we’ll need to make sure that we can offer you the minimum credit limit of $6,000. If yours is currently below these minimum credit limits. Just give our Customer Care Team a call on 13 37 39 and they’ll be able to help you out.
If you require a credit limit increase at the same time as your card upgrade, we’ll process the limit increase first and then process the upgrade if the limit increase is approved.
Your new card will be sent to you 7 to 14 days after your upgrade has been approved. During this time, you can continue to use your old card for purchases, which will continue to work until your new card is activated. Once your new card has been activated, you should destroy your previous card.
Any additional card holders will also receive a new card and account number.
The annual fee applicable to your card is pro-rated for the primary card and any additional cards. You'll see on your next statement the charge of the pro-rated annual fee for your new card and for any additional card. You should contact any merchants you're automatically paying with your current card and advise them of your new card number.
How to downgrade your Credit Card?
You can call us on 13 37 39 anytime to request a downgrade.
Once the downgrade request has been processed, you and any additional cardholder will receive your new card within 7 to 14 days. Your current annual fee will be pro-rated for the period you have held your current card and you'll be charged a pro-rated annual fee for your new card (if there is one applicable). This may result in a refund.
If you're downgrading to our No Annual Fee card, it's important to know that your current credit limit may be lowered to bring it in line with the maximum credit limit allowable for your new card. You should contact any merchants you're automatically paying with your current card and advise them of your new card number.
You could save on interest
Make life easier and save on interest: Transfer the balance of your non-Virgin Money credit cards, store cards or lines of credit onto your Virgin Money Credit Card and only have one account to manage. It could mean big savings, by potentially reducing the interest you’re charged on your existing credit balance. It’s also easier to manage your debt when it’s all in one place.
To see how much you could save in interest with a balance transfer, refer to our Balance Transfer Calculator page.
Please note that unless advertised otherwise, you are not entitled to any interest free days whilst you have a Balance Transfer.
When you apply for a new Virgin Money Credit Card, you can also apply for a Balance Transfer.
To do so, you’ll need to give us key details of that account, including the:
- name the account is held in
- type of card or account
- card or account number
- amount to be transferred
- issuing organisation’s name and address.
It’s important to know that any special balance transfer offers are only available for 30 days after your card is approved. So it’s best to request a balance transfer when you complete your application or soon after your card has been approved.
If you didn't request a Balance Transfer when you applied for your card, you can still apply by giving us a call on 13 37 39. Any special offer rates are available for 30 days after your card is approved. If you’d like to request a balance transfer after that time please give us a call on 13 37 39 to see what rates we can offer you.
Once you’ve transferred your balance, be sure to close your old credit cards, store cards or lines of credit, as it won’t happen automatically.
Here’s some more information that may help you on Balance Transfers.
- The minimum amount you can transfer over to your Virgin Money Credit Card is $500 and your total Balance Transfer may not exceed 80% of your maximum available Credit Limit the day the balance transfer is completed
- You can't transfer a balance from one Virgin Money card to another
- A Balance Transfer isn’t additional credit. Just like normal spending on your account, it reduces your available credit
- We can only transfer balances from accounts held in the primary cardholders name
- Balance Transfers don’t earn you Velocity Points
- Accounts that have a Balance Transfer do not qualify for interest free days.
Fixed Payment Option
The Fixed Payment Option is an offer available to eligible Virgin Money credit cardholders via Virgin Money Online. It allows you to take advantage of an interest rate lower than the standard interest rate you currently pay on your credit card account for a fixed term of 1, 2 or 3 years. You can request a cheque for $500 or more up to your available credit limit, or select unbilled retail purchases of $500 or more and convert them to a Fixed Payment Option.
Here’s some important information that may help you to understand Fixed Payment Options:
- You cannot assign any outstanding balances to a Fixed Payment Option, i.e. a balance that has already appeared on your statement
- A maximum of 5 unbilled retail purchases can be assigned to a single Fixed Payment Option
- A Fixed Payment Option does not alter your current credit limit, as it uses your existing available credit limit
- There are no fees associated with set up, early repayment or cancellation
How to set up?
To find out whether there is a Fixed Payment Option offer currently available to you, sign in to Virgin Money Online and go to: Rewards & Offers > My Offers. A Fixed Payment Offer is subject to eligibility at the time of processing. If there is no Fixed Payment Option offer showing, you cannot set one up at that point in time.
See our demo on how to set up a Fixed Payment Option comprising of a cheque request.
See our demo on how to set up a Fixed Payment Option comprising of unbilled retail purchase transactions.
Once a Fixed Payment Option has been set up, you need to make fixed monthly repayments, called Monthly Instalments. These are rolled into the Minimum Payment Due amount on your monthly statement. This means you pay the Fixed Payment Option off within your chosen term, with the full amount paid off entirely at the end of your chosen term provided you’ve met all your repayments.
- A summary of your Fixed Payment Option will appear on the next monthly statement after you set it up. It will appear as a separate section towards the bottom of your statement, and will contain your fixed Monthly Instalment repayment amount
- Your first Monthly Instalment repayment will be billed in the second statement period after you’ve set up a Fixed Payment Option. Just make the Minimum Payment Due, as this amount also comprises your Instalment repayment amount
- Monthly Instalment will be charged interest at the standard Annual Percentage Rate from the day after the payment due date
- If your Fixed Payment Option is cancelled by us due to several missed payments, the full outstanding balance will be charged at the standard Annual Percentage Rate
- To pay off your Fixed Payment Option sooner, or to cancel, call 13 37 39.
The Fixed Payment Option Terms and Conditions can be viewed in the Credit Card Terms and Conditions and Other Important Information booklet.
For more information on the Fixed Payment Option and Frequently Asked Questions visit virginmoney.com.au/FPO.
Change your Credit Limit
Our No Annual Fee Credit Card has a minimum Credit Limit available of $2,000 and maximum of $10,000.
Our Low Rate Credit Card and Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer Card have a minimum Credit Limit of $6,000 and a maximum of $100,000 (the maximum you can request at application is $30,000).
The Virgin Australia Velocity High Flyer Card has a minimum Credit Limit of $15,000 and a maximum of $100,000 (the maximum you can request at application is $50,000).
How to increase your Credit Limit?
An increase to your Credit Limit will be approved subject to Virgin Money's lending criteria and will depend on the assessment of your current financial situation and verification of particular details. Please allow 7 to 10 working days for us to assess your credit limit application.
It's important to remember that:
- A minimum of 9 months from your Account open date and 6 months from your last limit increase is required before an increase can be considered
- Currently, the maximum increase at any one time is 50% of your existing Credit Limit
- Credit Limits cannot be increased by more than the product maximum
- If you require a credit limit increase at the same time as a card upgrade, we'll process the limit increase first and then process the upgrade if the limit increase is approved.
How to decrease your Credit Limit?
You can request a decrease to your Credit Limit through:
- Virgin Money Online
- Log in to Virgin Money Online and select ‘Card Services’ from the ‘Services’ menu (located on the top menu bar)
- On the ‘Card Services’ navigation select ‘Manage my Accounts’
- From ‘Manage your account’, click on ‘Credit Limit Decrease’
- Enter your One Time PIN (OTP)
- Once on the Credit Limit Decrease screen you will need to follow the prompts
If you have not used Virgin Money Online before, you will need to register first by going tohttps://my.virginmoney.com.au
- Calling our Customer Care team
We’re available 24/7 at 13 37 39 or +61 2 8288 2222 if you’re outside Australia
- Writing to us at:
Virgin Money, Reply Paid GPO Box 40, Sydney NSW 2001
It is important to note that your Credit Limit can't be lower than your product minimum and should you wish to reinstate your previous Credit Limit after it is decreased, your application to increase your Credit Limit will be subject to our lending criteria at that time.
- The No Annual Fee Credit Card has a minimum Credit Limit of $2,000
- The Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer Card & the Virgin Money Low Rate Card have a minimum Credit Limit of $6,000
- The Virgin Australia Velocity High Flyer Card has a minimum Credit Limit of $15,000
Disputing a transaction
A transaction dispute occurs when you or an additional cardholder questions a transaction charged to your Virgin Money credit card account.
Visa have set rules and timelines for the dispute process, which can sometimes take up to 180 days to resolve.
Transaction dispute guidelines
- To allow us to help you resolve your dispute you must contact us immediately on 13 37 39 when you identify a suspicious transaction - ideally this should be within 60 days of the transaction date.
- If your dispute is not about a suspected fraudulent transaction, you should question the transaction with the merchant or service provider. If no resolution is agreed, we will act on your behalf in the formal dispute process.
- In order for us to act on your behalf we need you to provide us with all the available information and supporting documentation along with the dispute form signed by the account owner.
- Once we receive your dispute form and supporting documentation we will liaise directly with the merchant's bank to request a copy of the transaction voucher if appropriate (charges may apply) or a reversal of the charge.
- The merchant's bank will respond with either a copy of the voucher, a reversal of the charge or a request for more information. We will contact you by mail if further information is required - please ensure that you respond within the timeframes as advised on the correspondence to ensure that we can continue your transaction dispute.
- Dispute cases can take up to a maximum of 180 days depending on the nature of the dispute and it is important for you to stay in contact with us and assist with the case until a resolution is achieved.
It’s important to know that ‘unauthorised transactions’ are charges that a cardholder claims to have never authorised. Virgin Money must block your card before pursuing the dispute with the merchant's bank.
How can I close my credit card account?
You are able to request to close your credit card account through:
- Virgin Money Online (available from 27 December 2018); or
- Calling us on 13 37 39
To request a Credit Limit decrease through Virgin Money Online simply log in, select the Credit Limit Decrease option in Services > Card Services > Manage My Account > Credit Limit Decrease and follow the prompts. If you have not used Virgin Money Online before, you will need to register first by going to my.virginmoney.com.au.